Internship R&D with the proposal of stability and corrugated steel
ProfielProfielnorm BV is a leading European company with three branches in Europe dedicated to the manufacture and supply of mezzanine floors with cold-formed profiles. The robust and beautifully designed mezzanine floor enables companies to multiply their storage capacity economically. The multidisciplinary nature of the engineering department in the company has made us able to develop our design tools. The company is always seeking improvement in costume-made solutions and automation. To expand our knowledge and integrate new structural elements, we would like to offer the internship to a student.
The Internship consist of two phases. In the first phase, the Intern will help to conduct a study to investigate the global stability of the structure under horizontal and vertical loads by focusing on the connection between beams and columns.
In the second phase, the Intern will help to implement steel corrugated plates into the floor system. The main focus is to provide an accurate calculation and find the efficient dimensions for it. Additionally, the assembly methods should be considered for proper connection between the corrugated plates.
• Improving the accuracy of the existing calculations;
• Provide calculation for stability check of each connection type namely: T-joint connection, beam to beam cleat, side plate connection;
• Considering the dynamic loads into the calculation.
Experience you will gain:
• Solving real-world problems;
• Developing and implementing new ideas;
• In-depth knowledge for cold-formed structures;
• Getting familiar with the market trends in the industry.
FunctiePrefer a student who:
• Is majoring in the field of internship or related to it such as civil engineering and mechanical engineering;
• Is familiar with an international context;
• Has excellent research skills;
• Is very detail-oriented and good at follow-up;
• Prefer experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
• Good writing and verbal skills;
• Knowledge of structural engineering concepts.
1- Christian van Westenbrugge, Technical Director;
2- Navid Nikraftar, Structural Engineer;
3- Samer Alwan, Structural Engineer.
WerkomgevingThe internship period consists of two parts.
1. Full-time, up to 38 hours per week in summer 2021. Flexible hours prefer 8 hours per day, 5 days/week;
2. Part-time, up to 16 hours per week in fall 2021. Flexible hours prefer 6 hours per day, 2 days/week.
How to Apply:
You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not forget to attach your resume along with a short description of yourself and your passion for this subject.
We are open to start the internship as soon as we receive the application.
Download deze vacature